Search engine optimization (SEO) refers to the process of increasing the ranking of your website or web page across search engines using different tools and techniques. A good search engine professional is always in high demand because there are millions of websites already on the internet and there are many more flooding the internet each day with the intention of reaching out their target audience. This is possible on with the help of a SEO expert who understands the nuances of search engine algorithms and can implement various techniques.
Today, I am writing about HTML Title Tag and it is One of the Most Important Thing in SEO World. According to my view the Title Tag effects upto 25% i.e. 1/4, of the SEO, There are many reasons for giving such signification to HTML Title Tag. According to Google Reports about Elements used by Web Pages 98% pages uses TITLE tag but only 40-50% have given proper and appropriate TITLE Tag.
Why HTML Title Tag is so much Important?
There are many reasons but some of the important reasons are:
- Page Title Contents are displayed by search engine in results. If your document appears in a search results page, the contents of the title tag will usually appear in the first line of the results. Words in the title are bolded if they appear in the user’s search query. This can help users recognize if the page is likely to be relevant to their search.
- Title Tag Helps Search Engine in Indexing: To understand things under take an example that you have 1 TB of pages and if somebody says you to arrange them then what would you do. You will create many Folder of Subjects and While file reading the file Name or through Code by reading the Title Tag, roughly arrange the Pages in the Folders. Now what every is done is a system of automation and thus according to Title Tags documents would be arranged according to Folder’s Names, this is the rough process or you can say initial process.
- Page Title Tag’s used in Bookmarks: Try to make a bookmark of any webpage and see how it stores the page, the bookmarking function stores the Title Tag in the Bookmarks, so if you have the good title tag than visitor would come again and again to your website and if visitor uses Online Bookmarking services then there would be positive ranking as visitor must have given the specific category to you page and with specific category would be interesting to view.
- History: Now, if you have seen the History of Web by pressing by Crtl H then you can view the web pages visited by you and the thing show to you is the Page Title Tag and thus again it is important for the person to easily visit your website again.
- Given Importance while Indexing Content: Now, in present world the competition is very high and the fact of title tag is known by many SEO Experts and Marketing persons, Google has started just ignoring the Title but what while analyzing other things such as description, content quality and other things the Title Tag is also check and according to the Title Tag and Contents gives the Ranking Factors.
Rules for SEO – Title Tag
There are many rules described by various authors & SEO Experts but no body try to think why rule is made and does the rule would be in limited or any body can extend rules and thus, if the Rules are extended what show be the tread of next Rule. Google is updating his Panda about 200 times in a new and new Rules are daily checked by various SEO Experts and their own pattern or theories. But, I will try to let know the basic rules which can’t be changed and if these rules are changed then all the web search results will changed. Let us see what are the basic rules:
1. Every page must have a unique title. Do not put the same title on every page of your website as the total process is automatic in first instance and thus putting the same title tag means the spider/crawler has fetched the wrong content and thus required human verification and which will take time and time means that your website to be appeared not in Top 100 Websites. Another reason is that Spider/Crawler things that every web page as different page and if the Title Page is same it can also not Crawl the website properly for the algorithm reason and left the website in between any where.
2. I visited many websites and found that many web pages are CASE TITLE TAG which is also a negative point always use the lower case or Title Case, the reason is that users who type the search queries doesn’t type the Upper Case of Title Case, they only type in lower case and thus the title tag which have lower case given more rank then Title Case tag and Title Case give more rank that CASE TITLE. Thus the lower case is recommended then Title Case and then CASE TITLE.
3. Title Case must have a length of 16 Characters and long upto 64, many search engine like Google can give more than 64 and I think upto 127 Characters length. Character less and 16 and more than 64 were given the less rank then title tag between 1 to 64 Characters. The basic reason is that the computer’s memory reading cycle as in 32 bit computers the reading cycle is 32 bits and in 64 bit computer the min reading cycle is 64 bits and thus if the length is in between them the Website is given more rank them others as the system doesn’t have to take less or more round of memory reading cycle.
4. Many people do link exchange with many websites and they don’t describe the title tag which linking websites or other pages, the Anchor Tag with Title Tag is preferred then without Title Tag and if the Title Tag is same as the HTML Title Tag then it the advantage to the person linking the website and the website which is linked, the main reason is that the person who is linking the page have gone through the contents of the Other website referred by person and website which is linked must have something unique which was referred by person.
5. Kindly don’t use the “Untitled Page” or “Home Page” only with the Title Page as if the Tag is same then at the time of indexing the content all the web pages with such Title Tags are given to the human verification system and Human can only work limited hours and don’t know when your website would be verified by Human beings or Search Engine Experts.
6. Give a proper Title which provide the good information about the contents of the Web Page and not by the information about yourself or your company. The basic example about this on Contact Us pages many developers provide the Title Tag of Contact Us but I recommend the Title of Company Name then the Contact Us, this means the how to contact the company.
7, Since the Length of the Characters is limited and thus use the Meta Description tag to give some brief information about Web Page as it would be great for the for Search Engine Ranking.
8. Always try to provide Numbers in Title Tags than in Words as the Title Have less Characters and reading and indexing of Integer will take less time then Words in Title Case.
9. If you are using Company Name in the title then also include the symbol of copyright symbol(©), the trademark symbol (™), and the registered trademark symbol (®) in titles by referring as ASCII Code as these are also displayed the Search Engine correctly.